Heavenly Muse Literary Magazine
Heavenly Muse is an upcoming literary magazine written by, and for, Christian teenagers. We seek to connect young believers from a variety of walks of life, locations, and denominations through original poetry, fiction, and non-fiction.
We understand that literature can be a means of sharing one's faith, experiences, insight, hopes, and fears. We understand that one author's walk with God will look very different from another's, and we hope that Heavenly Muse's readers will benefit from the network that literature provides.
The title "Heavenly Muse" comes from John Milton's Paradise Lost in which the poet refers to God as the heavenly muse from whom he asks for the right words to tell the story of Adam and Eve. We hope that, in the same way, the young writers who seek publication will pray for God's inspiration as they write.
Our staff includes Harding University students and other members of the Searcy community. Although we are based in Searcy, we welcome submissions from young writers worldwide. We encourage you to let your children, grandchildren, friends, and youth groups know about Heavenly Muse, for we cannot exist without the help of creative, Christ-following teenagers from around the globe.
- We accept fiction, nonfiction, and poetry only from Christians between the ages of 14 and 18.
- Please send only , work.
- Fanfiction is not permitted.
- Work that has been published on a blog, Tumblr, or similar social networking system does not count as published and may be submitted to Heavenly Muse.
- Manuscripts must be submitted (No PDF files, please!)
- The author's name or contact information must not be included on the manuscript itself.
- Manuscripts must be double spaced and written in a 12-point serif font. (Short poems may be single spaced.)
- Although we welcome submissions from writers worldwide, we can, unfortunately, only accept work written in English.