Community of Caring 2022: Expanding the Mission
Community of Caring September Kick-Off
Community of Caring is expanding to include Caring Drives and Volunteer Days held all around Searcy by businesses and groups to directly benefit the nonprofits organizations serving our community throughout the year. Through Community of Caring, we are partnering to serve the basic needs of food, shelter, safety, and mental and physical health in our community.
September 2022 Kick-Off all month with Caring Drives and Volunteer Days
Host a Caring Drive for a local nonprofit this month or throughout the year
Host a Volunteer Day for a local nonprofit this month or throughout the year
We know from A Day of Caring and Community of Caring events that there are many families and individuals in our community who struggle with food insecurity, homelessness, domestic violence, addiction recovery and providing for the needs of foster children throughout the year. Searcy is blessed with several non-profit organizations that work all year to help families and individuals move into better situations, but they cannot do it alone. These organizations need our help.
Non-profits have very specific needs including:
– Diapers and wipes for babies and children in shelters and foster care
– Undergarments and feminine products for women in shelters and safe havens
– Sleeping bags, pillows, and tents for the homeless
– Non-perishable foods for local food banks serving the hungry
– Personal care items, paper products, cleaning products for families struggling to pay their bills
– Shoes and socks for children and homeless families
– Monetary Donations
– And more
You can help by hosting a Caring Drive. Participating easy and rewarding!
1. Choose a non-profit and select the items to collect in your Community of Caring Drive.
2. Schedule a Caring Drive and/or Volunteer Day in September for a non-profit organization who is serving the needs of people in our community
3. Complete and return the Participation Form to be included in publicity and receive your Planning Packet which includes: “We are A Community of Caring” yard sign, fliers, media recognition, t-shirt order form and event summary form.
4. Host your Caring Drive and/or Volunteer Day during the September Kick-Off, or anytime.
5. Deliver your collected items to the non-profit. Complete the event summary form and return it.
For more information visit https://www.unity-health.org/resources/community-health-programs/community-of-caring-2022-expanding-the-mission/